Thursday 6 February 2014

Moody Face Syndrome

‘’Are you okay’’ ‘’Why are you in a bad mood’’ ‘’Cheer up’’ ‘’Why the sad face’’, just a few of the comments that get said to me… ALL THE TIME.
If you’re like me, someone who is born with a naturally sad/moody face when you’re in neutral pose, my dear friend, you’re not alone.  On a weekly basis my facial expression is pointed out to me, which makes me feel even more paranoid about the way I look. Once it has been pointed out I spend the rest of the day awkwardly forcing a smile.
                                           *me forcing a smile*

‘’You look so annoyed’’ well I wasn’t until you said that.

Where I work we often have to check the stock out the back, a job which involves no communicating with customers - or for that matter, anyone! So why, I wonder, did 6 of my colleagues (yes I’m counting) just this month feel the need to point out my ‘not so happy face’. My manger has asked me ‘’’what’s wrong’’ several times and just recently stopped when I replied ‘’I was born with a naturally moody face, don’t mind me’’. I’m getting a little fed up of having to explain to people that I was BORN THIS WAY.  I can’t help the way I look, I’m afraid, so please would you kindly stop pointing out how miserable my face is.  
                    *we didn't choose the face our mummas gave us*

Anyway, if you do suffer with moody face syndrome, don’t stress too much about it. Click here to watch a clip I found on youtube where a group of people manage to make a comedy out of people with the ‘’syndrome’’. Have a watch! It might actually put a smile on that grumpy face of yours – it did me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment